Plumbing/Pipefitting/Welding Pre-Apprenticeship Program
Want to earn while you learn? Consider Apprenticeship!
Jump into this 18-week DOL Registered Welding Pre-Apprenticeship course and upon successful completion, you will receive industry recognized credentials and be eligible to enter a Welding, Plumbing or Pipefitting apprenticeship as a Year 3 Apprentice!
Increase your first-year apprentice pay from $17.61/hr. to $20.54/hr (First year apprentice pay vs. third year apprentice pay) with successful completion. Then, earn full benefits and FREE training as a registered apprentice while you work!
WHEN: Monday through Friday – 8AM to 5PM.
WHERE: Concord Training Center – Concord, NC
COST: Tuition is Free!
*Students will be responsible for welding PPE and appropriate attire.
To Learn More, Contact:
Sharon Pinto at (704) 721-0517 or Sharon@UALocal421.org
Apprentice Screening/Application Policy
All new apprentice applications will ONLY be taken after meeting the following requirements:
- Copy of a Valid North Carolina or South Carolina Driver’s License
- Must be current resident of North Carolina or South Carolina
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Copy of a Valid Birth Certificate
- Copy of High School Diploma or GED
- Career Readiness Certificate Test Results with Silver or Higher.
This site explains the test and minimum requirements for our trade, and also offers practice exams: http://www.act.org/certificate
Tutoring is available through the following centers:
- Members coming in from the Military should provide their DD214
- Anyone transferring from a Community College program may be exempt from the CRC test
- Dependable transportation is required
For application deadlines, email Sharon@ualocal421.org or call (704) 721-0517.